Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How Am I Doing?

A young sales representative took time out during her coffee break to make a call from a public phone booth.

She rang a number and asked to speak to the Sales Director. "Could you tell me if the position you advertised some time ago is still vacant?" she asked. There was a pause. "Oh, it's gone. Pardon? You hired someone three months ago and they're doing fine. OK. Sorry to have bothered you. Goodbye."

A caller at the next phone booth couldn't help overhearing and offered her sympathy to the young woman. "Never mind, dear. I'm sure you'll get something soon, " she said. "Oh, no, " said the young lady. "That was my own company I was ringing. I just wanted to know how I was doing."

Moral: Don't Leave People Wondering How They're Doing; Tell Them.
 
Thanks to ManageTrainLearn