Definition of 'Bellwether'
An event or indicator that shows the possible presence of a trend. The performance of certain companies/stocks and bonds are considered by analysts to indicate the condition of the economy and financial markets because their performance is well-correlated with a trend. Bellwether companies are usually the market leaders in their respective sectors.
Investopedia explains 'Bellwether'
The word is a combination of "bell" and "wether". Shepherds would often hang bells around the necks of the sheep that led the flock in order to determine where they were in the fields.
Thanks to Investopedia / Investopedia ULC
|Amazon Magazine Subscriptions||Amazon Books||Amazon Kindle Store|
|Amazon Everyday Low Prices, Sales, Deals, Bargains, Discounts, Best-Sellers, Gifts, Household Consumer Products|
K. C. Archive
- ► 2013 (91)
01/22 - 01/29
- Are Your Values Right Or Left? The Answer Is More ...
- Who Owns HR?
- Excessive Internet Usage Can Cause Brain Damage
- Suicide And The United States Army
- Poorest Smokers Face Toughest Odds For Kicking The...
- How To Get The Most Benefit From An Executive Deve...
- Why Companies Are Terrible At Selecting, Retaining...
- National Geographic Society
- Sleep Deprivation
- 8 Keys To Implementing A Change Management Plan Fo...
- Suez Canal
- California Gold Rush
- How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body And How ...
- Historic Karachi, Pakistan
- Amazing Paths
- Why Top Talent Leaves: Top 10 Reasons Boiled Down ...
- How To Give Feedback To A Perfectionist
- So How Do You Really Measure Emotional And Social ...
- Do Your Meetings Need Makeovers?
- How To Hire Like Warren Buffett
- How Reading Body Language Can Help You Make Better...
- Cover Letters – Use Facts, Not Gimmicks
- To 'Think Outside The Box,' Think Outside The Box
- Powerful People Feel Taller Than They Are
- Solving Problems (Vs. Identifying Them)
- 3 Things That Make Your Resume Less Effective
- Go "Undercover" To Find The Flaws In Your Company
- How To Deal With Critics
- Is Just One Sales Process Enough?
- The Spot Delivery (Or Yo-Yo Financing) Scam
- Ivy League
- Machinery Failure Analysis Handbookk: Sustain Your...
- Managing Talent: Why You Should Treat It Like A Ma...
- Implement Year Round Benefits Communication
- A Formula For Employee Engagement?
- Train Your Brain To Focus
- Warning! Your Words About Change Are Falling On Cy...
- Arfa Karim Randhawa
- Stop Bashing HR
- Cover Letters – Creativity Rarely Counts
- Three Steps To A Customer-Centric Organization
- 4 Tips For Reducing Employee Turnover
- Seth Godin: If You're An Average Worker, You're Go...
- Caring For The Commons
- New Understanding Of Chronic Pain
- Why Some People Get Sick From Harmless Smells
- Why Do Smells Make Some People Sick?
- Do One Thing Well
- It's The Little Things
- Speaking Strategies: 5 Tips To Power Up Your Prese...
- 5 Management Practices That Kill Employee Producti...
- Should We Define Superior Performance?
- Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach (7...
- ▼ 01/22 - 01/29 (54)
- ► 2011 (4099)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (164)
- ► 2008 (224)
- Amazon Books
- Amazon Directory
- Amazon Book Awards
- Amazon NY Times Bestsellers
- Amazon Magazine Subscriptions
- Amazon Best Books Of The Month
- Amazon Audiobooks
- Amazon Audible Audiobooks
- Endless Kid's Shoes
- Endless Men's Shoes
- Endless Women's Shoes
- Endless Athletic & Outdoor
- Endless Bags & Accessories
- SmallParts Brand Index
- SmallParts Product Index
- SmallParts Material Index
- Google Site Index
Info Of The Day
|Definition:||Belonging to some prior time.|
|Synonyms:||erstwhile, one-time, sometime, former, old|
For our vanity is such that we hold our own characters immutable, and we are slow to acknowledge that they have changed, even for the better.
E. M. Forster