Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 Things To Never Say On Twitter

People forget that Twitter is permanent.  Once it's out there, it is on the Internet, forever.

Here are some mistakes I've seen:

Rule No. 1: If you can't say something nice about someone, at least keep your boss out of it, e.g. "I hate my boss because her breath smells like a mouse crawled into her mouth and died 7 months ago."

Rule No. 2: Don't slam your spouse, e.g. "my husband ... can be a real jerk."

Rule No. 3: Don't slam your teacher's kids.

Like your mom told you 30 years ago, "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all."

All I ever need to know I learned in kindergarten.

Curt is the CEO of Journyx in Austin.

Thanks to Curt Finch / Mansueto Ventures LLC. / Inc.
http://www.inc.com/tech-blog/three-things-to-never-say-on-twitter.html

No comments: